We are looking to hire a skilled and well Experienced WordPress developer to design and implement attractive and functional websites for our clients. You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development including the implementation of WordPress themes and plugins as well as site integration and security updates.
To be a successful WordPress developer, you should have in-depth knowledge of front-end programming languages, a good eye for aesthetics, and strong content management skills. Ultimately, a top-class WordPress developer can create attractive, user-friendly websites that perfectly meet the design and functionality specifications of the client.
WordPress Developer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients to discuss website design and function.
- Designing and building the website front-end.
- Creating the website architecture.
- Designing and managing the website back-end including database and server integration.
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Troubleshooting content issues.
- Conducting WordPress training with the client.
- Monitoring the performance of the live website.
WordPress Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a similar field from a reputable University.
- Proven work experience as a WordPress developer.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools including Git, Mercurial, and SVN.
- Excellent knowledge of Responsive Design, HTML & CSS (SASS or LESS)
- Strong knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Strong WordPress experience – At least 4 years
- Strong WooCommerce experience
- Experience with custom WordPress theme & plugin development
- Experience with Advanced Custom Fields WordPress plugin
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility and security
- Team player with ‘can do’ attitude
- Be able to work to deadlines
- Be organised and proactive, with a keen eye for detail and an active learner.