Expert WordPress Developers design, implement and manage websites using WordPress, a free, open-source content management system (CMS). They are responsible for both front-end and back-end development — everything from plug-ins to security updates.
WordPress Developers establish and guide website architecture, so sites are attractive and user-friendly. They are responsible for WordPress training as well as troubleshooting and resolving website problems for clients and co-workers. Expert WordPress Developers can work for many industries, including graphic design agencies, marketing firms, and computer systems design firms.
Expert WordPress Developers Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement and manage websites using WordPress
- Collaborate with members of a creative team
- Manage front-end and back-end website development
- Create WordPress plug-ins and themes
- Maintain well-documented, reusable, and transferrable code
- Troubleshoot and resolve website problems for clients and co-workers
- Stay abreast of new developments in software, trends, and practices
- Education and Background
- This position requires an associate or bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer programming, computer science, or a related field. Employers look for job candidates with extensive WordPress experience.
Expert WordPress Developers Skills and Competencies
- Expert WordPress Developers Proficiency using WordPress
- Experience using debugging tools such as Firebug and Chrome Inspector
- Strong understanding of front-end and back-end website development
- Keen attention to detail