This is a professional Information Technology position that is responsible for the design, organization, functionality, accessibility, navigation and overall usability of a unit’s web site. This position works closely with clients to ensure the web site supports the instruction, research, and outreach initiatives that sustain the unit’s overall mission.
The work of a Web Developer / Designer will vary according to the nature of the employing organization and the level of responsibility associated with the position posting.
Web Developer Assistant Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Partner with clients to develop strategies and help translate their functional/business requirements into web-based solutions that support the unit’s overall mission and vision.
Create, edit, manage and maintain web sites and/or applications that support unit initiatives.
Establish workflow and service agreements in order to analyze priorities and problems and evaluate their impact on services and time-lines.
Web Developer Assistant Manager web standards and Guidelines for style, content and code through
1) Research of current web trends
2) Usability testing of client
3) Surveys of clients and content managers
4) Administrative feedback and benchmarks
5) University computer use policies
6) Relevant laws (e.g. 508 compliance and copyright).
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships between IT and client communities; identify new and ongoing client needs.
- Monitor and analyze web-related statistics; identify trends in the nature, frequency, and types of services requested, and use this data to continually improve content and quality of services.
- Implement appropriate security measures to safeguard data and restrict access appropriately.
- Audit web sites and applications to ensure that standards are met; security measures are in place and determine and address the impact of new requirements and programming changes required.
- Design, Web Developer Assistant Managerand maintain web applications (e.g. data modeling, coding, integration, testing, debugging, maintenance, documentation code libraries and reporting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.