The Executive Training and Development Manager is responsible for improving the productivity of the organization’s employees. This position assesses company-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees. This position actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance.
- Conducts annual Executive Training and Development Needs assessment.
- Develops training and development programs and objectives.
- Administers spending against the departmental budget.
- Obtains and /or develops effective training materials utilizing a variety of media.
- Trains and coaches managers, supervisors and others involved in employee development efforts.
- Plans, organizes, facilitates and orders supplies for employee development and training events.
- Develops and maintains organizational communications such as intranet bulletin boards and newsletters to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
- Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
- Modifies programs as needed.
- Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
- Works effectively as a team member with other members of management and the HR staff.
Required Skills/Abilities for Executive Training and Development:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for Executive Training and Development.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives.
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development.
Education and Experience for Executive Training and Development:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field from a reputable university
- Two to Five years of experience designing and implementing employee development programs.
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) credential preferred.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential preferred.