Assistant Brand Manager Operational plays an integral role in determining how to brand a company and its products and services to make them more appealing to consumers. Generally, Assistant Brand Managers combine their marketing, advertising, and sales skills to boost products and services. Their responsibilities revolve around developing product materials and helping to determine pricing and packaging solutions.
The main goal of their role is to ensure that the products and services align with the current and potential customers. As such, these professionals are required to regularly monitor marketing trends and competitors’ products that are present in the marketplace. They work closely with senior management, meet up with clients and manage junior marketers. Together with Brand Managers, Assistant Brand Managers act as the point-person for establishing and executing marketing initiatives for a particular brand.
Brand Manager Operational Education, Training, & Certification
Ideally, advanced education and adequate experience are desired for this position.
- Education: Any Bachelor’s Degree is acceptable, but degrees in Marketing, Business or a related field are preferred.
- Experience: Hands-on experience in marketing, advertising, market research, marketing analytics, consumer behavior among other related fields is preferred.
- Certification: Certification is voluntary but great for demonstrating proficiency in the field.
Assistant Brand Manager Operational – Skills and Competencies
To succeed in this occupation, Assistant Brand Managers require the following skills:
- Strong research and analytical skills: These skills will enable the candidate to identify trends and challenges as well as make informed forecasts about market trends and other implications from the data review.
- Exemplary time management and organizational skills: Ability to work on several projects and deliver results before the deadline is essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: Written and verbal communication are essential to ensure collaboration and cooperation within various departments in the development of brand strategies.
- Team player: Candidates of Brand Manager Operational will be required to work with various departments to ensure cohesion in the marketing efforts throughout the industry.
- Excellent customer service skills: Assistant Brand Managers frequently interact with clients for feedback which is then used to improve marketing strategies, product pricing, and other aspects.
Job Outlook for Brand Manager Operational
Employment in this field is expected to grow, especially for Assistant Brand Managers who have similar roles as Marketing Managers in the future.
This is a full-time position that demands a lot of overtime. Travel is common to meet with clients.