Executive WordPress Developer design, implement and manage websites using WordPress, a free, open-source content management system (CMS). They are responsible for both front-end and back-end development — everything from plug-ins to security updates.
Executive WordPress Developer establish and guide website architecture, so sites are attractive and user-friendly. They are responsible for WordPress training as well as troubleshooting and resolving website problems for clients and co-workers. Executive WordPress Developers can work for many industries, including graphic design agencies, marketing firms, and computer systems design firms.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities of an Executive WordPress Developer
- Design, implement and manage websites using WordPress
- Collaborate with members of a creative team
- Manage front-end and back-end website development
- Create WordPress plug-ins and themes
- Maintain well-documented, reusable, and transferrable code
- Troubleshoot and resolve website problems for clients and co-workers
- Stay abreast of new developments in software, trends, and practices
Education and Background of Executive WordPress Developer
This position requires an associate or bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer programming, computer science, or a related field. Employers look for job candidates with extensive WordPress experience.
Skills and Competencies of Executive WordPress Developer
- Proficiency using WordPress
- Experience using debugging tools such as Firebug and Chrome Inspector
- Strong understanding of front-end and back-end website development
- Keen attention to detail